I love Paddington: the tree lined streets, the pretty Victorian terraces, the ratio of three-wheeled 4x4 prams to cars, the absence of drug addicts when jogging at 8am on a Sunday morning. Yes, Paddington is heavenly and when I'm a bit richer it would most certainly be my neighbourhood of choice. It beats The Slurry (aka Surry Hills) hands down.
On my little Sunday morning jog last week I came across a cute little branch of the cafe chain Sonoma. Yes, I know we're all supposed to be anti anything that's a chain in the 21st century but I adore this little gem in Paddington.
I had a frothy latte and a delicious almond croissant. But what I love most is the immaculate presentation of their products. I have a healthy addiction to fresh, beautifully presented food and Sonoma does it perfectly. So head down to Paddington, buy yourself a good weekend paper, a latte, a little pastry and (if you're lucky enough) enjoy it all with someone you love. Happy weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment